Designed by Wells Coates and completed in 1935, Embassy Court is arguably Brighton’s finest twentieth-century building and an outstanding example of modernist design. With its roof terrace and 11 storeys of sea-view apartments the building was once the glamorous home of the wealthy and famous, but after years of decline was left near derelict.
Conran & Partners were appointed by the management company Bluestorm to bring the building back to life. Completed in November 2006, the works include the careful restoration of the exterior to its original appearance and drastic upgrading of services. The sun terrace, previously closed off due to a lack of railings, has also been reinstated allowing spectacular sea views.